Thursday, September 2, 2010

Cupcakes, Sprinkles, and other Happy Things: Tough Topic Tuesday

Dear Friends,

This is one of the most moving, truth-filled, and sobering blog posts I have ever read. These are the people, the youth, that I want to reach. These kids are my heartbeat. This is where I want to go, why I want to do what I want to do. This is my calling, my mission. And Jenny from Addison Road puts it into words so beautifully. I strongly encourage you to read on. I hope it stirs you to move like it does for me. I hope it puts a burden on you to live a life filled with crazy love just like Jesus did. We are all called to live that life, and it's true that it's hard... but like Oswald Chambers says in My Utmost For His Highest for Sept. 2... (paraphrased) "We are not called to live a life filled with blessings. We are called to be holy... are we ready to pour ourselves out for him?"

ARE YOU READY?


Cupcakes, Sprinkles, and other Happy Things: Tough Topic Tuesday:
"There is something sobering about meeting students with stories that sound fictional. Their mom’s practice witchcraft and their dad’s and u..."

No comments:

Post a Comment