Sunday, September 19, 2010

A High Note, and a Sort of High Note

Well, let's start with the sort-of high note first:

I have really been struck and burdened by the reality of the "ugly" parts of me - those realities of who I am that are not pretty, that I do not like - I actually hate them. The parts of me that became consistent occurrences somehow that I despise and want to get rid of as soon as possible. It's been sobering. I really do despise them. We all have them, and no one can argue that. But the high note part of it is that I can rejoice that God is shedding light on them and leading me through the journey of eradicating them from my life.

The true high note is that I am sitting here preparing for my meeting this coming Thursday with a ministry professional to discuss the ministry I am working on founding. As I make a list of the issues affecting teens that I hope to reach out to, I am both burdened by them as well as filled with the desire that God has deeply instilled in my heart to minister and bring hope to the teens going through these things.

In short: I'm excited.

This new season of my life got off to a bit of a rocky start, but I am filled with a feeling that the word defining this season of my life is "Journey." It seems as though God is beginning to take me on several different journeys (within my overall life journey) that will be filled with both highs and lows, but at the end will be hugely rewarding and worth the hard work. Of course, all for His glory alone.

Thanks for staying tuned to my journey and supporting me as I seriously pursue launching a ministry that I pray God will use to impact the lives of hundreds... maybe even thousands, someday!

(I dream big!)

No comments:

Post a Comment