Friday, June 25, 2010

An Exciting Update!

Dear Friends,

My life has taken an exciting turn recently, and I'd like to share it with you. I have been given an awesome opportunity to be a part of great organization, and I'd like to tell you about it and what led me to it.

As a result of my failed marriage experience, I feel called by God to pursue a ministry encouraging youth to pursue lives and relationships that mirror that standards God set for us in the Bible. The vision I have for that ministry includes close involvement with the Christian music industry. As a result, I have pursued and obtained a summer long internship with an organization called Worship and the Word Movement, which every summer coordinates a huge Christian music festival in Colorado called Heaven Fest. Heaven Fest includes over 70 Christian music artists and bands, about a dozen different stages, and other entertainment and activities on the property. You can learn much more about Heaven Fest at www.HeavenFest.com.

Heaven Fest is all about:

- Giving to the poor, the exploited, the orphan, the widow, and the sexually trafficked.
- Bringing people that follow Jesus together to worship HIM.
- Planting and watering seeds of God's word in the hearts of people.
- Lastly, Heaven Fest is what we call a "hope dispenser." We want people that feel hopeless to hook up with the Source of hope - Jesus.

This internship program offers me a unique and exciting learning opportunity to experience the day-to-day logistics of building a massive, one-day, Christian music and arts festival.

Some of the things I will be receiving are:

- Receive hands-on education and training on the planning, coordination and execution of a music and arts festival.
- Understand the influence of music and arts festivals in the public and spiritual communities.
- Establish relationships for my future network.


In addition to being selected as an intern, I have been offered and accepted the position of Retail Director. This is a volunteer leadership position in which I will be managing the 7-8 retail booths that are specifically designated for Heaven Fest merchandise. These booths are essential to helping raise the funds that we donate to organizations that help the poor, the widowed, the sexually trafficked - as mentioned above. This year, one of the main organizations we are donating a portion of the proceeds to is Love 146. You can learn more about them at www.Love146.org. I would especially encourage you to visit the video section of their website - they are very impacting and give an excellent view into the sex trafficking industry and how Love 146 aims to help.

I am thrilled to be a part of Heaven Fest, and I feel that this is an open door to the call that the Lord has placed on my heart to lead a purity ministry. Heaven Fest is a volunteer-based organization that depends heavily on the generosity of others to fulfill its purpose every year. As you can imagine, a commitment like this requires a great deal of time and financial support from a number of people. In order to be able to commit myself fully to this endeavor, I need to raise financial support of about $1,000. If you can give a donation it would be greatly appreciated. And, most importantly, I also need your prayer support. Prayer is the fuel that will allow us to be successful as we follow God's leading in our ministry. Without prayer, little, or nothing will happen. I strongly feel that this is the beginning of a new journey in my life as I devote my time and my heart to serving the Lord in whatever purposes He has for me. This summer, that entails working for Heaven Fest, and I am faithfully trusting that the Lord will sustain me financially as I follow His leading. One of the ways He has been doing that thus far has been through the generosity of friends and family, and I pray that if you feel so led, you will prayerfully join with me by supporting me financially this summer.

Please know that you are all in my thoughts and prayers! I feel truly blessed to call you friends. You have all blessed me and been a special part of my life. Thank you so much for considering supporting me in this endeavor. I am excited to regularly update you about the experiences I am having and the new things I am learning. A great way to keep up with me would be through my blog, as I will definitely be blogging about my Heaven Fest experiences.

I love you all!

Wishing God’s Blessings Upon You This Summer,

Sara



A Few Details About Donations:
- Your donations can be tax deductible.
- If you would like to make a tax-deductible donation, you would need to make the check out to “Worship and the Word Movement.”
- If you do not wish to make a tax-deductible donation, you may address your checks directly to me at “Sara Gonzalez.”

No comments:

Post a Comment