Tuesday, February 2, 2010

A New Season

I've arrived!!!! Home SWEET home. My heart is overflowing with gratefulness at how good God has been to me. He answered my prayers for salvation from a bad situation and now has blessed me with the kind of love and support I have yearned and prayed for in the past. Two prayers answered, and beyond my expectations. ACTUALLY, three. I have walked right into the warmth of a close church family that I know will bless me in more ways than I can imagine and also be a vehicle for me to bless others the way I have been dying to do lately. Four, because I will be finally starting pre-requisites to get into a nursing program soon. In the very first church I ever went to, the one in which I was saved, the pastor would always say, "God is good all the time, and all the time, God is good!"

This is a new season in my life. First (thanks to divine inspiration sent through Mr. J. Carroll), this is going to be a season of listening and waiting. What better option could there be, for where I am? I have much heartbreak that has been residing in my heart for far too long, and I have a major life decision/hard task to contemplate. Listening to all that God has to say and just letting him minister to me is EXACTLY what I need. I can't believe I haven't spent the past 14 years of my life (since I've been saved) doing it! How much I've missed out on, and how many mistakes I could have avoided.

Secondly, this is a season of serving. I have wanted to spend my life helping people since I was a child, and I have tried in my meager ways to do so, but I have the greatest insatiable desire to just spend my time SERVING. And now, knowing that I am walking into such a wonderful church family, I know I will have many opportunities to do that, and I'm so eager, excited, and grateful. I know a few ways that I will be serving through my own talents and abilities, but I can't wait to discover more and just eat up every opportunity that God gives me.

Thirdly, this is a season of living life to the fullest! I have a new zest and zeal for finally taking the initiative to seek out new life experiences and going on awesome adventures. All of my CO friends are going to have to put up with me organizing trips to go do crazy fun things such as cliff diving, white water rafting, sky diving, horseback riding, camping... and who knows what else! I can't wait... I'm going to begin planning the first trip asap! In addition to doing fun adventurous stuff, I'm going to finally be taking up some of my "all the time" resolutions with new zeal - thanks to my roommates! Lonni will teach me guitar and Laura will be my personal trainer :) How did I luck out so good!!

Overall, I am so so so thankful and so grateful for what this season is promising to bring. It's everything I've been desperately needing for the past 9 months to nourish my soul.

God is good all the time, and all the time God is good!

No comments:

Post a Comment